CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Round Two:

We went in to round two with the same game plan as round one. But this time we had to work around my husband's busy work schedule and him being out of town. I started the oral medication and went in for a monitoring ultrasound 3 days later. I had 4 follicles all about 10mm. The next 3 nights I did the follistim injections to help with follicle production. We were a little worried about overstimulation since I am still pretty young and responding well to oral meds. At the next ultrasound, I had 5 follicles: one at 13mm, 12mm, and 3 at 11mm. Five is a bit on the high side, so we were hoping that number would come down by the next ultrasound. Two days later, I had one magnificent 19mm follicle, one at 13mm, and a couple at 10mm that the nurse wasn't worried about. I've been trying not to get my hopes up, but the nurse printed out a picture of my perfect follicle and told me to save it for my baby book. So much for being pessimistic. I was injected with HCG to induce ovulation and we were ready for some baby making. But first I had to drive 4 1/2 hours south to get to my husband and I cashed in some really personal days at work. And the wait begins...

0 comments: