My handsome husband and I met back in 1999. We dated throughout high school and had an on again, off again relationship in college. We finally got ourselves together and got engaged on New Years 2008 and were married on April 4, 2009. Our plan was to get pregnant right away, like a honeymoon baby. But of course things never work out the way you plan them.
In 2007, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I come from a family of diabetics, so my diagnoses was no surprise. However, I never really fully understood the seriousness of the disease and other than taking oral medications, I never did much to regulate my blood sugar.
So, getting back to our baby journey, I had gone to my gyn in August of 09 because I hadn't menstruated since May and got nothing but negative pregnancy tests. He put me on a medication called clomid to induce ovulation, but it was not successful. After 3 rounds and several horrible side effects, he referred me to a reproductive endocrinologist. In December 2009, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS). My husband was a good sport and also went through testing to make sure we weren't suffering from male factor infertility as well. Thankfully, he's got great swimmers! Now, having put a finger on what our problem was, we were both eager to get the baby making process started.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
The beginning of our story:
Posted by Amelia at 12:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment