CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Round One:

Our game plan was to try an oral medication called femara that is similar to clomid, but with less side effects and better response for women with PCOS, injectibles called follistim to help with the maturation of eggs, and a trigger shot of HCG to induce ovulation, with timed intercourse. I started off with a baseline ultrasound to make sure everything was normal and ready for the process to begin. I took the femara a week later and went in for the next ultrasound a week after that. I had 7 "good" eggs between both ovaries. Two days later, another ultrasound showed 4 mautring eggs. We were hoping the number of eggs decreased so that we wouldn't over-stimulate and possibly have multiples. The RE erred on the side of caution and decided not to use the follistim. He said my body reacted perfectly to the femara and injecting follistim would just over produce. At the third ultrasound, I had 2 19mm eggs and was ready for ovulation to be induced. Two weeks after ovulation, we would know whether we were succesful or not. Unfortunately, my period started the day before my doctor appointment to get the results. Big fat negative. On to round two.

0 comments: